IST Clock

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bugs found in routine internet surfing – 1

Bugs found in routine internet surfing – 1

Just starting off a new series of post where I thought of posting the bugs which I found in the routine internet surfing. As I am new to blogging off course this idea came to me while surfing different blogs and thought of implementing it as I want to make a routine practice of writing blogs and making my blog popular. Anyways, just sharing two interesting bugs with you –

Bug # 1 > High priority and medium severity (As per my perception)

Short description – News Paper Website missing with the value of one city in the dropdown on the home page

I use to visit website on local newspaper “Danik Bhaskar” (URL - www.bhaskar.com) daily to look on some local news of the city I was brought up – GWALIOR (Madhya Pradesh). Now there is dropdown to select the respective city edition on the home page. But there is no entry of GWALIOR in this drop down. However when I select the state (Madhya Pradesh) hyperlink and lands on the state home page and look on for the available cities in the dropdown on this page , I am able to locate GWALIOR and on selecting it I navigates to the respective page (Home Page of Gwalior News)

Now as per my perception it’s a high priority bug for obvious reasons as the drop down on home page is missing a value and there is no way to navigate to the respective city’s home page form the home page. However all other values are present and user can navigate to other cities pages. It is medium severity bug because user has some other way round to navigate to the respective city home page.


Bug # 2 > High priority and High severity (As per my perception)

Short description – Wrong address info shown on the ‘Contact Us’ section of a company’s website.

Recently , I visited website of a company and found that the address shown in the ‘Contact Us’ section is confusing for customers. Actually, the address written was different and the corresponding Google map was pointing to a different address , though in the same city.

As per my perception, this is high priority and high severity defect as the user gets confused as to which address he/she should make correspondence to.

Just FYI, I sent an email to the concerned company and was amazed to see the reply of the CEO/Founder accepting its a bug.





End of this part, will keep posting if something new found.. till then … happy browsing and as always comments/suggestions are welcome............ .


Thanks & Regards,
Amit

No comments:

Post a Comment